Thursday, October 10, 2013

TRIP TO WASHOUGAL, WA

I recently took a trip to Washougal, WA which is right across the river from Portland, OR to visit one of my best friends and her husband. It was great to leave the hot, humid Gulf Coast to enjoy cooler temps and being able to sleep with the windows open. Nothing better. I believe the Pacific Northwest is one of the most beautiful places I've ever had the pleasure of traveling to. It was a rainy trip and some of my pictures had to be borrowed from my friend from a previous time. Despite the rain, I had such a wonderful time. The trees were just beginning to turn color and once in a while there would be a beautiful yellow or orange tree in the midst of the green ones. Such beauty. My friend's new home overlooks the Columbia River and on a clear day you can see Mount Hood. I am so lucky to have a friend who will share her beautiful world with me. I can't wait to go back!
Washougal River

Apple Orchard

Countryside



Beautiful fruits and vegetables.

Mount Hood

Apples

Outside Pittock Mansion

No comments: