Saturday, October 4, 2014

S'Mores Cupcakes

I can't believe it has been 3 months since I posted to my blog.  Not much new baking going on in my kitchen.  I recently took a cupcake class and we made these S'Mores Cupcakes.  I took them to work for a breakfast and they went over well.

S'MORES CUPCAKES

Use your favorite recipe for chocolate cake, either from scratch or from a box.  Hollow out the middle of the cupcakes and fill with marshmallow cream.  Here in Texas we have a store named HEB that carries toasted marshmallow cream and I used that.  Make your favorite recipe for buttercream frosting.  Frost the cupcakes.  We learned how to use a piping bag, but my skills are still lacking there so just frosted with a spatula.  Sprinkle the frosting with graham cracker crumbs and put some marshmallows around.  You can toast the marshmallows if you have a torch, but it is hard not to burn them so I just put mini-marshmallows around.  Top with a Teddy Graham or a piece of graham cracker and there you go.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Mmm these look good! I kinda want one of those torches! But something tells me I would burn the house down, so I better not.