Sunday, January 10, 2016

Chocolate Cream Pie



I'm going to visit my sister soon.  She has wanted to try chocolate pie, so I tested my recipe to make sure it was something to share.  We'll make it together when I get there.  More fun in the kitchen with someone to share with.

CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE

1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch (or flour)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3 cups milk or half and half
3 eggs
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 baked 9-inch crust
1 carton Cool Whip


Prepare a home made or store bought 9 inch pie shell.

In a medium sized saucepan stir together dry ingredients.  In a bowl blend the eggs with the milk or half and half.  Add wet ingredients to dry and blend well.  Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil.  Boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat.  Add butter and vanilla.  Pour into a baked pie shell.  Let cool.  Top with Cool Whip or meringue.

No comments: